Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Super Natural Cooking

Super Natural Cooking by Heidi Swanson, copyright 2007
Black Tea Spring Rolls with Mushrooms and Mango Chutney Dipping Sauce, page 132
Prepared on February 19, 2008

Heidi Swanson runs the website 101 Cookbooks. Her cooking style focuses on natural foods. She is single-handedly responsible introducing me to quinoa and reintroducing me to muhumarra (these are great things). Super Natural Cooking has a lot of interesting recipes and I tried a few already.

These spring rolls are delicious but weren't exactly what I was hoping for. The filling is good, and the dipping sauce is great. After reading the recipe through, I was pretty sure these wouldn't end up as crispy as I wanted, and I was right. That said, I am going to try them again: they were easy to make, I could make them ahead and they look great on the plate.

No comments: